Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sometimes You Just Have to Laugh

Today I was changing Julian's diaper and he started to pee but he managed to pee in his own face before I realized what was happening.  So I quickly blocked the flow but it just kept coming.  By the time he was done, he had to go straight into the bathtub because he had pretty much soaked himself.  I was laughing the whole time (mostly for the times he peed on me when he was an infant).  It wasn't really funny but if I hadn't laughed, I would have probably cried.  There are so many moments as a parent where the situation is crazy or overwhelming and you could just lose it so you have to laugh to release the stress and the tension.

Later in the day, I heard a strange noise from the dining room where Julian was playing.  I went in there to check on him.  He had discovered a canister of oatmeal on the table and emptied the entire thing into an empty Tupperware container that happened to be on the table next to it.  He had spilled hardly any of the oatmeal on the table and he seemed like he was having fun.  I walked into the living room and laughed before going back to help him return the oatmeal to its canister.  He's always getting into everything.  This time, he hadn't destroyed anything or found anything dangerous, he was simply having fun with oatmeal.  I figure maybe that's a new activity we can do together next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment