Monday, November 7, 2011

House Hunting

I thought that it would be fun to look for a house.  It's really not so much fun.

Here are some gems that I've seen:

1. Neon green basement and the exterior of the house covered with graffiti
2. Huge indoor pool but the rest of the house was completely gutted
3. Two huge bathrooms but three teeny-tiny bedrooms
4. Little old lady house
5. Master bedroom was actually a hair salon and the hallway was covered in scenic tropical wallpaper
6. Stairwell painted to look like an aquarium
7. Cedar shingles and faux brick on interior walls plus wallpaper borders stapled up in the bathroom
8. Cat pee house
9. Crazy layout with small rooms but a twisty slide connected to a shed in the backyard  (My realtor actually went down the slide just for fun.)
10. A place that should have been on Hoarders
11. Cigarette smell and a weird room over the garage

Out of all the houses I've seen so far, there were only two that I sort of liked.  One definitely has more space but only one bathroom and no garage.  The second house had 1.5 baths and a garage but much less square footage. 

I don't have a large wish list for a house.  This is it:
One bedroom large enough for a king-size bed (we don't have one yet but we want one in our new house), 2-3 other bedrooms, a decent-sized bathroom and kitchen, a large living area, and a fenced yard. 

I just want space for the kids to run around and space for me to relax.  The house doesn't have to be updated and modern but it has to have the potential to look good with not a lot of work. 

I keep searching the listings hoping for something new that looks promising.  I'm sure our house is out there just waiting for us to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment