Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Toy Clutter

I decided that we need to downsize Julian's toys before Christmas rolls around.  I know that he's getting new toys and he has a lot that he doesn't really play with. 

Right now, Julian's three main categories of toys are cars, trains, and tools.  Those are the things that he constantly plays with all day long.  So I figured most of his other toys can go.  I loaded up one grocery bag so far and will probably go through some more tomorrow.  There are plenty of other toys here for him to play with since my parents have a playroom fully stocked with all kinds of stuff.  I think I might help them cull a few things from there too. 

Julian has a few other special toys that he likes and I'll just put them away in a drawer for now to be rotated out later.  I keep thinking about all the toys we have in storage that he doesn't remember and doesn't need.  Most of those will be donated as soon as we get the stuff out of storage.  There are a few I'll keep for Mati but I really want to keep toys to a minimum so my kids will really enjoy the toys they do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment